With this in mind let’s look at my current one sentence bio:
Karen Chaston, Inspiring women to become their own best friend, which allows them to be more aware, grateful, healthier, energised and live in Essence
And first sentence of the longer version:
Karen is a wife, mother, author, speaker and former Chief Financial Officer of a publicly listed company who knows first- hand what adrenalin (specifically stress) does to a woman’s body…..
As opposed to my previous bio:
Karen is a Chief Financial Officer of a publicly listed company who is also a wife and mother.
To which my authentic self would have added:
Whilst Karen is perceived to be very successful, actually she is living a ground hog day existence, working, eating, and drinking too much, always in fight mode, her masculine totally denying her feminine side, running on empty, not fulfilled, not understanding that adrenalin in a woman’s body causes burnout, exhaustion, and disconnectedness.
Now I’d like to share my journey, which assisted me to move from Ego to Essence.
Surprisingly, it took Dan’s death (one of my beautiful, amazing sons) for me to become more aware, grateful, healthier, energised and live in my Essence.
On Sunday 10th July 2011, Andrew and I awoke to find Dan, one of our twin sons, passed out at our back door. Unfortunately, our first thoughts of him being unconscious were unfounded. He had actually fallen over when he had come home around 2 a.m. and he passed away.
After the funeral, I immediately went back to work and engrossed myself into my job, working even longer hours. Then 15 months later, the best thing happened, I chose redundancy when two companies merged and I was offered a reduced salary for basically doing the same role.
At least I had enough sense to honour me, though probably it was Dan’s guided awareness!!
BraveHeart Women Involvement
Within weeks, I found myself at a BraveHeart Women (BHW) LA conference – RiseLA2012.
For four days I nodded in agreement as Ellie Drake (founder) shared many gems, like:
- Key to joy, prosperity and fulfillment; Live your life on Purpose – Personally, Professionally and Globally;
- Move from survival to thriving
- Adrenalin does not work in a woman’s body
- Say NO, to misaligned projects and people; gain extra time and energy
- Learn to receive, starting with a compliment, prosperity will follow
I jumped at the opportunity to become a BHW Resonator and start building community in Australia
- Embracing my feminine side
- Understanding the Laws of the Universe and Divine time
- Moving from Ego to Essence
- Understanding that you will always receive more No’s than Yes’s
- Spending the first 45 mins of each day on me
- Daily being so joyous, happy and fulfilled
- Recognising that all my relationships have positively grown
- Embracing speaking – Having a passionate message – is Key!!
- Writing and self publishing two books
- Connecting with many inspirational, like- minded people
Lessons you have learnt
- Everything I require is inside me
- We are all UNIQUE. Stop comparing
- What you think about me is none of my business
- Embrace the negative and positive. Celebrate both equally. This is growth.
- By helping others, you get what you want.
- Forgive yourself
- There is no competition for your true life purpose
- Be open to all possibilities
- If it’s not working; change it
My Vision for the future
My vision is to help women in a corporate, business and professional background to rediscover and utilise their natural intuitive abilities and to realise how powerful and fulfilling it can be to live this way.
My passion is to collaborate in creating a new world for generations to come—one with more “conscious entrepreneurs” who allow their hearts and souls, along with their knowledge and expertise, to guide their businesses.
“You are the only one you will spend your entire life with so when are you going to stop beating yourself up, playing small, and become the person you came here to be?
Now is the time to start the Journey to Becoming Your Own Best Friend.”